Saturday, February 26, 2011

Give me more

Gimme that fire, that flame
Give me that furious longing for your Name
Everything in life is a vapor
Why can't I see it? The only thing that remains is a Savior
God's Grace, How can I understand?
It doesn't make sense. I can't earn it.
All I have to do receive it.

All day I fight for my way, my life, my purpose
But soon I realize, it doesn't work. I can't fill myself up, no surplus
I don't want to just think i should pray to you
Change my heart, make me have no other desire but You!
In the book of Job, you show your power
No back talk, you do as you please, God clean me with a Holy Shower

Speaking of Holiness, does that exist in our world?
We've given our souls away, so gnarled
God calls us for something more, have Him ignite
a light so Bright
A flame that burns to our very being
incinerates our sin, believe it, that's faith, no seeing
God, give me a prayer life that IS my life
That's worship, cut out the unneeded with a scythe
Why does it hurt? God, don't you know what I'm going through?
Then I remember you do.

You sent your Son to a people who didn't want saving
I wanted nothing to do with Him, now I can't get enough, just saying

Set me aflame, a life with no shame

No comments:

Post a Comment