Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Simplicity

To enjoy life I have found that I need to focus on the little things, the simple things.
This break showed me how to truly enjoy the simplicity of life.
Hanging out with friends just blasting music in the car and taking pictures. Setting up a tent in record speed and thanking the Lord for amazing weather at the beach....in the winter....
but what truly reminded me of the simple things in life were the people I was with, the food we ate, and the time we spent enjoying everything that was so beautiful around us.
Watching the sun set into the ocean (even though it was covered by clouds sometimes) left me awestruck, how great is the creation God has made, how amazing is his imagination and design?!
Standing in the sand with my camera I couldn't help but feel like I was capturing a little piece of God with every snap-shot I took.
Even when I had to get up at 4 am both nights to fix the rain flap on the tent (which was 3 tarps) I still loved every moment, every person, and everything that happened this break. I missed my main wing men there fo sho tho!

Enjoying the simple things in life bring me the most joy, I don't even understand why sometimes...why should sitting down with my arm around someone special or sitting around austin's house eating food be so much more fulfilling than inner-tubing on a hot summer day (which is awesome don't get me wrong)? I think it's because I am learning to be content and that God is showing me to live in the moment instead of looking towards the future.

“Father, I want those you have given me to be with me where I am, and to see my glory, the glory you have given me because you loved me before the creation of the world."- John 17: 24

"The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of His hands."- Psalms 19:1

No comments:

Post a Comment