Tuesday, March 29, 2011

life as a preparatory academy.

"this whole following Jesus business is largely about giving Him control, or more, realizing we don’t have control to begin with. and a great way to measure whether or not we’ve given Him our lives is to ask ourselves if we’ve given Him our death. by that i mean are we are okay with the fact that some day soon we are going to part with all that we’ve made, all that we’ve done, and no longer have an ounce of control over what happens on the earth?
i’ll be very candid with you here. if it weren’t for the reality of death, i’d have much more trouble following Christ. death means some day i have to trust Him, and life is something like a preparatory academy for that moment. if i can trust Him with my death, i can trust Him with my life, and that means my next book and my romantic confusion and my anger and desire to get even and my money and all the rest. death doesn’t give me a choice. and so i’m thankful."
~ donald miller's blog

No comments:

Post a Comment