Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Blessed

After the day has ended I will have successfully gone just about 24 hours without anything covering my feet, trying to raise awareness for poverty in Africa (TOMS shoes). I was easy for me, the weather was nice and the ground was warm and smoothly paved. Now that I look back on this experience that I have done the past few years I notice how extremely blessed I am.
I just went one pretty easy day without shoes, but people all over, in Africa and many other countries, go everyday without shoes. I don't know why I was put in this country and blessed by a family that could afford to buy me many pairs of shoes over the years.
Not only have I been blessed with shoes and clothing, but with friends and parents who love the Lord and try to make me the best person I can be for God and for others and you guys. I'm working with Walt my house manager right now on how to become a godly man in every aspect of life.
I want to be able to be proud of who I am and how I treat others, and the affects on peoples lives I've had.
You guys have helped me become a better man, I have been blessed to know you guys and grow alongside you. I look up to both of you guys, the character you guys have is inspiring and I respect that in both of you guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment