Saturday, January 28, 2012

Isaiah 40

The other day I was reading my El Bibleo and got to Isaiah 40: 17&18...."Before him all the nations are as nothing, they are regarded by him as worthless and less than nothing. To whom then will you compare God? What image will you compare him to?"

This got me thinking. I take God for granted, I compare him and his power to the extent of how much or how completely he meets my needs. This is not ok, in verse 26 it says, "lift your eyes and look to the heavens: who created all these? He who brings out the starry host one by one, and calls them each by name. Because of his great power and mighty strength not one of them are missing."

I hiked this butte called spencers last night and was able to get away from the city noise and lights and when I got to the top I looked up and saw the starry host. It was amazing, so clear, and to many to imagine or count. I remembered these verses and realized that even though all the nations in comparison to God are less than nothing. I mean everything to him and need to not compare God based on how much I feel that he is providing for me. Just like Isaiah 55 says..."your ways are not my ways."

No comments:

Post a Comment